What is digital marketing?Md Emon
Table of Contents
Introduction about Digital Marketing
Digital marketing is that the marketing of products or services through digital media. This type of marketing could be done through search engines, emails, electronic billboards, mobile applications, etc. Today there is no substitute for digital marketing to spread a product or service among millions of people. So in today’s article, we are going to know about the types, importance, benefits, etc. of digital marketing.
Importance of Digital Marketing
Around 2 billion people worldwide use social media and about 5.11 billion people use mobile phones. The number of buyers who buy products through digital media is increasing day by day. That’s why if anyone can spread their product through digital media, they will get extra benefits. Otherwise, he will have to fall behind in the competition.
Because your competitors are not sitting still, they’re trying to get their business to the buyers through digital marketing. Big companies like Coca-Cola, Unilever, Nestlé are also making their presence felt in the digital world.
That’s why you should engage yourself with digital marketing for productivity & more income.
Types of Digital Marketing
To do digital marketing, first, you have to select the media, through which you can spread your product or service among many. Today we are going to learn about 5 mediums that can revolutionize your business.
- Search Engine Optimization: SEO is the process of ranking any keyword of your website in the top position of any search engine including Google. It is possible to get a lot of visitors to any website through SEO. As an SEO expert, your career will be brightened. There are usually two types of SEO: White hat SEO & Black hat SEO.
- Email Marketing: Marketing a product or service through email is called Email Marketing. Email marketing is about presenting the quality of a product to the customer through a structured article or content, making him interested in purchasing that product. This helps you to reach the customers in a short time. It is possible to benefit the business by sending smart emails.
- Social Media Marketing: 85% of the world’s Internet users are connected to social media. For this, Social Media Marketing (SMM) is an effective way to reach this large segment of people easily. With the help of social media like YouTube, Instagram, WhatsApp, Pinterest, Quora, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc., it has become possible to promote business widely in today’s world.
- Affiliate Marketing: It is generally called the marketing of other’s companies’ products. The commission that is earned by selling other’s companies’ products is called affiliate commission. This means you will sell my products and in return, I will give you some commission. Thousands of companies around the world are giving affiliate options and selling thousands of products. A lot of marketers are taking commissions on these products. Almost all the large companies including Amazon, Ebey, Alibaba, Themeforest have affiliate commissions. Among these, the Amazon affiliate is the most popular.
- Content Marketing: Content marketing is about attracting a brand audience by delivering informative & attractive content to them. You have to use targeted keywords in your content, any post, or forum online so that your targeted readers or buyers can easily find your product. So the multimedia content should be updated regularly. You should use an automatic process for posting social media content. You can customize your content for various platforms. In today’s world, it’s an amazing way to represent products or services.
Earning through Digital Marketing
Generally, there are two ways to earn money through digital marketing. First, as a free marketer, it is possible to reap the benefits of digital marketing. For example, I am a content writer. I get a lot of traffic through SEO, social media marketing, and email marketing, which increases my earning rate.
Secondly, you can work as a full-time digital marketer for an agency. You can also earn from there. You will also find digital marketing jobs in the freelancing marketplace. In this case, if you are a pro marketer, then it is a golden opportunity for you.
According to one statistic, advertisers spend $ 44 per internet user. The amount is constantly increasing. That’s why new opportunities are being created for digital marketers. So one thing is for sure, the future of digital marketing is bright.
In conclusion, learning digital marketing is the need of the hour. If you can learn digital marketing properly, your life could be changed positively. You can take a free Google Garage course on digital marketing. After completing the Google Garage course, you’ll get a certificate. Today’s article is so far. If you have learned anything new through this article, don’t forget to share.