All about social mediaMd Emon
In this age of information technology, all the mediums that can be used to build a virtual community or artificial society are called social media or social media, or social media. Its users can communicate with others as well as share different content very easily. You can express your feelings through various posts. This platform has become an integral part of daily life. There are numerous social media platforms. Among them Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, etc. are notable. In today’s article, we are going to know about social media. So, let’s start!
Table of Contents
History of social media
As we all know, the present age is the age of information technology. In this age of information technology, social media platforms are quite popular. There is currently a revolution going on in social media platforms. The first social media was Six Degrees, which was linked in 1997.
Although the journey of social media platforms started a long time ago, it made its debut all over the world in 2010. No technology was discovered overnight. They have been discovered from hundreds of different concepts. Similarly, the discovery of social media platforms has a long history. After the invention of the internet, the basic idea of social media came to people. In ancient times, people used to exchange ideas by exchanging letters.
However, in this case, it would have taken a long time to exchange information. Today’s modern social media-originated from the idea of exchanging letters. The main feature of social media is the easy communication system.
Common features of social media
- Social Media Interactive is a web 2.0 Internet-based application.
- Users create specific profiles for websites or app services that are designed and maintained by social media organizations.
- Social media connects user profiles with other social individuals or groups. It helps to develop online social networks.
Benefits of social media
- You can share your thoughts with the people of the world without any hassle.
- On social media, you can sit at home and talk to people from home and abroad and make friends.
- If you have a business, you can easily promote it for free on social media.
- If you know the proper use of social media, you can earn income online from here.
- You can share your experience with everyone on social media which very few people may know.
- You can also keep in touch with everyone on social media by forming groups at home.
Disadvantages of social media:
- Baseless fake news is created on social media.
- Fraud is admitted in most cases because information can be exchanged anonymously.
- It is constantly increasing the stress of the users.
- People who use social media are more irritable.
- Instability has increased among the people.
- Creates problems for the workplace.
- The biggest victims of social media are teenagers between the ages of 13-19.
- Intense reluctance to study, lack of concentration, and social interaction with peers are all severely hampered.
- “Young people are getting lazy because of social media, performance is declining.”
- Above all, time is being wasted.
Most popular social media
Facebook: Facebook entered the virtual world in February 2004 as a social media platform. Facebook is currently the most popular social media platform. If even a child of 8-10 years is asked who is the founder of Facebook? Mark Zuckerberg will answer in one word. But Mark Zuckerberg is not the only founder of Facebook; he created Facebook with four of his friends. The first use of Facebook was at Harvard University. Later, the use of Facebook was made open in various colleges or universities in the vicinity. Although Facebook was launched as a social media platform in February 2004, it was made available to the world in 2006. With billions of monthly active users, Facebook is the most popular social network in the world.
Instagram: Instagram, one of the world’s leading social media giants. Some of the most popular social sites, such as; if Facebook, WhatsApp, YouTube, Messenger, and Instagram do not stand in line, the list of popular social media will remain incomplete. Instagram image sharing is the fastest growing platform among smartphone-based social media, in addition to its dominance in social media. Due to its high share of visual content in fitness, traveling, beauty, and fashion-feel-good style, Instagram is a popular social media platform for all celebrities, film stars, influencers from teenagers around the world. According to an article by Backlinkco, as of September 10, 2021, with 1.387 billion active users, Instagram is currently the fourth largest social media site in the world.
Twitter: Twitter is one of the most popular social media websites. The journey of Twitter started on March 21, 2006. The Twitter head office is in San Francisco, California, United States. Twitter currently has 330 million active users per month. Twitter comes to the fore with different features from other social media sites. It is popular for its feature of posting messages in just 140 characters. Twitter is more popular among celebrities as a social media platform.
LinkedIn: LinkedIn is a social networking website under Microsoft. The website was established in December 2002 and officially launched on May 5, 2003. This social networking website is mostly used by professionals. LinkedIn is very important in job search and professional development. Many use it as a medium for digital marketing.
There are thousands of social media websites in the world today. New social networking websites are being created with new features. This generation is connected through these social media and conducting various social activities as well as promoting and expanding their business. Nowadays, social media is a daily companion of people. From waking up in the morning to the moment before going to bed at night, we are somehow connected to social media. So it is very difficult to fully understand social media through writing.
As technology improves day by day, many features with artificial intelligence are being added to social media platforms which will soon give us another level of experience. Social media is moving forward like this day by day. If this post is of any use to you, be sure to share it with your friends and relatives. Maybe with a share of yours they can benefit a lot through this post.